This Mushroom Rice Recipe is often called Mushroom Rice Pilaf as it is prepared in the same way as pilaf is cooked. You can prepare it either in beef broth or chicken broth, in this recipe chicken broth is used. This mushroom pilaf gives good taste only when fresh mushrooms are used instead of canned mushrooms but somehow if you are using canned mushroom then you don’t need to cook it before rice and you will have to add mushrooms and rice together. This mushroom rice is usually served with any curry like vegetable curry, chicken curry, etc but it can also be served with plain yogurt and mushroom soup.
Ingredients for Mushroom Rice Recipe:
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 black cardamom
- 1½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain rice (soaked in water for 30 min)
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
Cooking Instructions For Mushroom Rice Recipe:
1. Take a deep sauce pan or pot, heat butter and oil together in the pan and fry onions in it till become light golden in color.
2. When onion starts to turn into golden add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and bay leaves and stir gently to cook for few seconds till pleasant roasting smell starts to come from the spices.
3. Then add mushrooms and cook for 5 min with half cup of water (if necessary) so that onion would not turn into dark brown in color.
4. When mushrooms become half done, add chicken broth and bring the mixture to boil over high heat.
5. After that add rice, salt and pepper and cook over high heat till water starts to absorb in the rice and rice come onto the surface.
6. Then reduce the flame to low, cover the lid of the pan and cook till rice become tender completely.
7. Serve the hot mushroom rice immediately with any curry either meat or vegetable, plain yogurt and fresh vegetable salad.
Note: This is one of the simplest recipe which can be prepare in short time and is also healthy specially for those who want to avoid meat from their diet as mushroom is the best substitute for meat. So mushroom diet is best for vegetarians to compensate proteins in their diet.
Learn About Becoming A Great Cook Here
It is not as difficult to learn your way around a kitchen. It is okay to find out what your strengths through experimentation while cooking. These helpful hints can expand your knowledge of cooking and help you become the cook you’ve always wanted to be. Use this advice to further your cooking quickly.
Preparation is incredibly important things that you will have to do before you cook a meal for loved ones. Make sure that you have all the ingredients available. This process will limit the amount of stress you experience when cooking the meal and help to ensure that you are able to cook the masterpiece you want.
Use fresh foods any time you can, as they bring out the flavor in a dish, and they may cost less over the long run.
Garlic aromas can easily stay on your hands and fingers. Try rubbing your hands on the inside of a steel when they smell from an odoriferous cooking ingredientThis will remove the odors clinging to your hands and enable you to handle other ingredients without contaminating them with strong aromas.
Ice cube trays can be a great tool for freezing and storing leftover sauce. This makes it easy to prepare a quick meal which you can reheat at a saute pan.The sauce will keep extremely well until the trays.
Do you have a difficult time deciding how long to leave your meat? Use a meat thermometer (a digital one is more accurate) so that you can ensure the inside is cooked properly.
Always use an airtight containers to store sugar or flour in the kitchen. Keeping your ingredients in airtight containers will keep them fresher longer as the air can’t reach them. You buy them pretty much anywhere and at a beneficial asset.
Add some chicken broth to your pan when you cook them. Chicken broth is a great way to add flavor to vegetables while keeping them from getting stuck to the bottom of the pan.
When you cook a pumpkin, stand it up and then slice it down the middle. Put each half with the cut side facing down on a baking sheet.
Apply these tips in your kitchen and watch yourself become much better at cooking. Experiment with the ideas offered, and don’t be scared to try each of them at least one time. Put these ideas into practice and you’ll be able to perfect your cooking techniques. You can be a better cook in no time if you consider these tips.